Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sushi @ Honolulu Country Club

Recently my friend was back in town and he has an uncle who is a sushi chef at the Honolulu Country Club. He suggested that we go visit him and who am I to object to such a suggestion. This was my first visit to the Honolulu Country Club in quite some time and I was curious to see how sushi at a “country club” could be.

We were served a appetizer of Mirugai (海松貝; Geoduck clam). It was served chopped into cubes with a ponzu style sauce with a hint of mirin.



My friend’s uncle asked what we would like to have first and we both answered “ENGAWA!” Yum!



Next up was Hirame (平目; Flounder).



My friend’s uncle then brought us out a Hamachi Kama (鰤鎌; Yellowtail collar).



He then served us Ika (烏賊; Squid).



And lastly we had Mirugai (海松貝; Geoduck clam).



Everything that night was good especially since I was a bit apprehensive about eating sushi at a “country club”. I’d like to thank my friend for treating me to that delicious meal of sushi and I would like to thank his uncle for his hospitality. Check out my friend’s uncle, John Noboru Yamao @ Honolulu Country Club and tell him that Jupiter sent you.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 6:09:00 AM GMT-10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jupiter - That mirugai nigiri, looks good, nice color, looks like it would be ever so sweet and crunchy!

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 1:19:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

kirk,

Yes it was good. The funny thing is previously I wasn't a big "kai" person. Now more and more I love all types of "kai". It started with hotategai...

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 4:57:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger Robyn said...

ha! i just went there for the first time about a month ago. i thought it was really good too--even though i only like the tame stuff like spicy tuna and california roll.

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 8:47:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger Reid said...

Hi Jup,

That sushi looks so good. I almost feel like I have to eat some right now. Unfortunately, I won't be able to have some for a while. *sigh*

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005 at 12:45:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

robyn,

Yea I went about month ago too...tame stuff.....MEH!!! :o)

reid,

Ditto. Just bought a house, so I'm broke. No more sushi for a while. Well maybe Kozo or some homemade stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home