Wednesday, April 27, 2005

JJ French Pastry

Great minds do think alike! Coincidentally Reid over at ‘Ono Kine Grindz posted about his visit to JJ French Pastry today and I had it in queue to be posted right after my Toraji post.

Before my recent visit, the last time I visited JJs was when they were located back at Pearl Kai shopping center. That was a looong time ago.

The reason for my recent visit was that they recently started serving a lunch and dinner menu. With menu items such as Baked Tuna Wellington and Fisherman Pot Pie I had to go.

The day I went I brought a friend along and this is what we ordered:

Baked Tuna Wellington,



Pate Chaude,



Lao Pizza,



And we each had a Tiny Pyramid.



Everything was very good. The Wellington and the Chaude were good but a bit on the cold side. If they were served fresh out of the oven then they would have been perfect. The pizza was delicious, highlighted by its crispy crust. I ordered the tiny pyramid because it is so rich that, that amount is all I need to satisfy myself, although I might be lying there. I think I could eat a regular sized one. At any rate I did order a regular sized Chocolate Pyramid and a Frou Frou au Chocolate to take home for my sister at her request. But surprise surprise she didn’t eat it so I got to have it all mwahaha. The chocolate pyramid is to die for and the frou frou is very good also. The frou frou is a white chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries encased by dark chocolate.

I recommend everyone who likes sweets/pastries to try here at least once and now that they have a lunch/dinner menu there are even more reasons to visit.


2 Comments:

At Friday, April 29, 2005 at 12:25:00 AM GMT-10, Blogger Reid said...

Hey Jup,

It was empty when you went huh? I thought the food was just OK. I'll stick to desserts from JJ's and go up the road to either Big City Diner, CC Pasta or 12th Avenue Grill for the food.

 
At Friday, April 29, 2005 at 12:33:00 AM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

Well we arrived at around 2pm ish and there were a about 3-4 tables occupied, but by the time we were done eating it was empty. That is when I took the interior shot. I kinda like the menu... I just think that the execution just needs to be tweaked a bit. But mos def the desserts are to die for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home