Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ginza Kimuraya

Well I finally visited one of the places that are on my list of places to (re)visit. My friends and I had just eaten at Taishoken for lunch and after some shopping and such we were looking for somewhere to eat for dinner. We were in the area so we decided to eat at Ginza Kimuraya Kahala Mall (across of Chili’s).

I ordered the Beef Steak a la Moromi. Their menu describes it as “Marinated beef steak with special Moromi (unrefined soy sauce).” This is what I ordered the first time I visited here and I liked it enough to order it again. As you can see from recent posts I love a good steak and for the money this is good. The Moromi adds a nice smoky shoyu flavor to the tender steak. This is served with a side of steamed vegetables, house bread and a choice of soup or salad. I chose the salad and it was meh, but at least it wasn’t smothered with too much unhealthy salad dressing as they do at most places.



My friend ordered the Salmon Misoyaki. He didn’t really care for this. I tried this also and it wasn’t that flavorful.



And my other friend ordered the Ahi Steak & Salad. He really liked this and so did I. The Ahi was seasoned and pan fried to perfection...very flavorful and very juicy.



Afterwards I bought some garlic loaf and some other French bread that I don't remember the name of, but they were very good. Even though my friend's salmon wasn't that great I would recommend coming here for lunch or dinner. Their breads are very good and all their dishes use high quality and fresh ingredients. They also have a bar with beer on tap and many wines to choose from.

2 Comments:

At Friday, July 8, 2005 at 5:38:00 AM GMT-10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jupiter - That steak does look really good - another one for my list when I come back home - sigh...
The one thing that we have here in San Diego are several pretty good meat markets/butchers - I can get prime - and sometimes dry-aged, and they will still make me a custom-cut if I want it. It's pricy, but worth it, if you don't eat beef often - you might as well get the best you can afford!

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 1:17:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

kirk,

Yea, it's pretty good for the money. If you need a eating buddy when you come back hit me up.

I wish we had a good butcher here in Hawaii. Maybe we do but I don't know of it. Do you know of any?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home