Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Kiwami Ramen Revisited

After a decent session of surfing at Waikiki the other week, my friend and I were hungry so I suggested that we go to Kiwami Ramen. My friend hadn’t gone before and I was in the mood for some chashu gohan. My friend ordered the tororo tsukemen and I ordered the medium chashu gohan with an extra ajitsuke tamago.

While waiting for our food I sipped on my Kirin nama and found out that Kiwami’s noodles are made using the owner’s recipe. They are not quite “home made” as they have it made for them using the owner’s recipe. Still, custom made noodles are better than off the shelf noodles.

Our food arrived and boy was it good. I am beginning to like this place more and more. The chashu gohan hit the spot for me and it was just as Reid describes in his review.

This last visit sold me. Whenever I am in the area I will be revisiting.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, October 1, 2005 at 12:06:00 AM GMT-10, Blogger Reid said...

Hi Jup,

I'm glad this second visit was better than the first. I find that the ramen at Kiwami is better than Tenkaippin and about the same as Ramen Nakamura. I have to say that the chashu rice is something that I really like here too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home