Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Sushi Koh (鮨好)

Recently my good friend was visiting from The Bay area. He hadn't had good sushi in a while and we decided to visit one of our old favorite sushi restaurants, Sushi Koh. It's been a long time since I have gone there and I was pretty excited to go.



Nameko Oroshi, Engawa,

Aburi Sake, Aburi Hamachi,

Maguro, Shio-Lemon Hirame,

Hirame, Sushi Koh Bakudan Koh Donburi


Yoshi also hooked us up like he usually does with an assortment of other appetizers and also dessert, but I didn’t take any pictures of those. Most of the nigiri's have Yoshi’s own blend of shoyu brushed on top already so you eat it as is. The Engawa here is to die for. It is always consistently good. The Aburi Sake is what blew me away the first time I ate here. The Sake just melts in your mouth and as you can see in the picture it is trying to melt just sitting there. It is soo fatty. Awsome! The Koh Don is awesome. It has many ingredients, but I don’t know if Yoshi would like me to divulge what those are, although if you had it, it is fairly easy to figure out.

This is one of my top 5 sushi restaurants in Hawaii. I can’t wait to go back.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 5, 2005 at 1:00:00 AM GMT-10, Blogger Reid said...

Hi Jupiter,

I've never been here, but I think I might try this place. The koh don looks great. Nice piece of uni there on top! =P

 
At Wednesday, January 5, 2005 at 2:01:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

Reid,

Try it out. Make sure you sit at the counter and tell Yoshi that you heard about his restaurant from my web site. :D

Chaddystafu,

He had honmaguro that night but just ran out before we got there. KUSO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home