Sunday, January 02, 2005

Company Dinner @ Sarento's

Ok here is another "catch up" post. Last year our company dinner was at Diamond Head Grill. This year it was held at Sarento's. I really appreciate working for a company that doesn’t mind spending the extra money on it's employee's for a good Christmas dinner. Our night started off with a cocktail hour while waiting for the stragglers to trickle in (I was one of them). I had a couple Wet tonics during this time. I was turned on to Wet by my friend chaddychan. It is very good. It isn’t as dry as typical gins and it is infused with pear. Our dinner started off with a choice of one of two appetizers.

I had the House Smoked Salmon “Sandwich” which was garnished with Red Onion, Crème Fraîche and Avruga Caviar.


The other offering was Bruschetta Rustica (Grilled Eggplant, Diced Roma Tomatoes with Garlic Basil & E.V.O.O. Served on Tuscan Bread with Feta Cheese.)


Next up was salad. It was Caesar Alla Sarento's (Baby Romaine, Roasted Garlic Dressing and Ciabatta Croutons.)


We had a choice of 4 Entrées.

Penne Calabrese (Roasted Eggplant, Housemade Sausage, Roma Tomatoes, Broccolini, Garlic, White Wine and Goat Cheese.) Sorry I didn't get a picture of this dish.

Swordfish Portofino (Smoked Lobster Crust, Linguine Aglio Olio, Yuzu Beurre Blanc, and Roasted Beet Vinaigrette.)


Pollo Ripieno (12 oz. Chicken Breast Stuffed with Prosciutto & Fontina. Served with Plack's Lemon Rice and Panzanella Salad.)


Cotolette Capricciosa Durini (Milanese Style Veal Cutlet. Served with Fresh Mozzarella, Roma Tomatoes, Arugula & Truffle Vinaigrette.) This is the one I had.


For dessert we had Tiramisu which I didn’t take a picture of.

It was a very good dinner considering it was a “company dinner”. I can’t wait to see where we have dinner at next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home