Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Cholos Homestyle Mexican Restaurant

Ok I finally got my web server up so I can host my own pictures. This was the reason for the slight delay in posting.

Last, last Tuesday after a decent surf session at Puaena Point. My buddy and I went to eat at Cholos Homestyle Mexican Restaurant. This was the first time for both of us there. We have eaten at Diego's Taco Shop @ Pearl City many times and both of us like the carne asada burrito there. So we both ordered the same thing, a carne asada burrito plate. It came with a basic rice pilaf, refried beans and a side of salsa. The burrito was stuffed with a decent amount of beef and had ample amounts of guacamole. I would have preferred more cilantro though. The pilaf, beans and salsa were your standard fare. I would say for the money Diego's wins. Diego's has more beef in their burrito, the meat is tastier and it's nearly half the cost. It was around $12.50 for the plate at Cholos and if I remember correctly the same plate at Diego's is around $7.00. Of course if you compare the settings of the two restaurants they are way different. Cholos is way nicer. Diego's is cheaper and tastier. But it was nice to relax with a nice tall glass of Dos Equis Amber draft and eat after a day in the water.


2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 30, 2004 at 12:12:00 AM GMT-10, Blogger Reid said...

Hey Jupiter,

Never been to Cholo's but passed by a couple of times. Now I know what to expect. Perhaps it's expensive because of the location. It's probably frequented by loads of tourists that visit the North Shore. I like Diego's as well. In addition to the burritos, the tortas and tostadas are good too.

 
At Sunday, January 2, 2005 at 3:44:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

Heya Reid,

Yea I am sure it's more expensive because of it's prime north shore location. I haven't been to Diego's recently. I will try the tortas and tostadas when I go next time....in addition to my fav carne asada burrito!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home