Monday, January 03, 2005

Tenkaippin

I revisited Tenkaippin on 12/19 and as you can see it is crossed out as one of my places to revisit. This time around I tried the Assari Ramen along with retrying the Kotteri Ramen. Personally I ordered the Tenkaippin Special (Gyoza, Chahan, and Ramen) which was $12.20 with Kotteri being the ramen choice. The special is cheaper ($11.95) if you choose the Assari or Shoyu as the ramen choice. My friend ordered the Assari. I have come to this conclusion. The two broths are very good. The Kotteri is a rich and thick chicken based broth, while the Assari is a light yet flavorful chicken based broth. But the noodles leave something to be desired. The gyoza is uninspiring and so is the chahan (granted I am not a big chahan fan). And if you compare the atmosphere and prices to my favorite ramen place, Taishoken, it really isn’t worth it, imho. I probably won’t be going back. The noodles and the gyoza broke this place.

Assari Ramen (left), Kotteri Ramen (right)

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 4, 2005 at 12:04:00 AM GMT-10, Blogger Reid said...

Hello Jupiter,

I've been to Tenkaippin as well and didn't think the assari ramen was that good. It was OK, maybe a little better than Ezogiku, but not by much. The gyoza was barely passable and their chahan (fried rice), which their menu claims is the best, had way too many onions in it for me.

 
At Wednesday, January 5, 2005 at 12:17:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

Heya Reid,

I think the only thing going for them is their broths. Imagine Taishoken noodles with their broth. Might be good. But then again that wouldn't beat Taishoken broth and noodles. :D

 
At Sunday, October 2, 2005 at 5:00:00 PM GMT-10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Tenkaippin Koteri is the best ramen I have ever had. The broth is so rich and flavorful. I wouldn't try anywhere else. Plus the workers are so friendly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home