Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin

I have been to TGB a couple times since they opened, but not once did I have their Tokusen Kurobuta Tonkatsu Teishoku. Not until my last visit. And OMG is it good. All of their menu items are good, but geez, the Kurobuta is good! It is worth the $36. The pork has a sweetness to it and it just melts in your mouth. It is fork cutting tender. Plus as it is, TGB has awesome rice which is cooked to perfection (all you can eat) and their goma suri tonkatsu sauce is tasty.

DSC03725

Wanda Adam's review @ The Honolulu Advertiser and her revisit here
Reid's post @ Ono Kine Grindz
Kathy's blurb @ A Passion for Food

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 8:25:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger KirkK said...

Hey Jup - It is worth $36? Ok, I'll have to add it to my list. Good to have you posting again!

 
At Friday, March 7, 2008 at 1:07:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jupiter! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I'm amazed someone else out there even remembers Salon de Bun Bun! Nice blog... looks like you visit most of the same restaurants that I do living and working in Waikiki... I've been slacking off on my blog posts lately.

 
At Friday, March 7, 2008 at 6:14:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger reid said...

Hey you're back! I liked the katsu here as well. Have you been to Matsugen? I've been there about 5 times and the food seems to be getting worse. :(

 
At Friday, March 7, 2008 at 10:02:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

Hey Kirk,

Yea it's worth it for sure...just not too often!

Hi Rick,

Yea I sure do miss SDBB. My sister does also! You into cars? I think I seen another blog of yours with a Silvia build up?

Heya Reid,

I haven't been to Matsugen yet. That's the soba place between TGB and Arancino's right? Every time we go and try to get seats we get impatient and eat at TGB or across the street at the recently closed Sushi Koh. *tear*

 
At Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 12:14:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger Kathy YL Chan said...

Waaahhh, this post makes me so homesick!! ^_^ $36 is a lot for katsu...but it looks like its worth a try at least once :) Am planning a trip home in a few months...ahhh so much good food to eat on the island!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home