Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dragon Fruit



The other day I was shopping at Safeway and I stumbled upon some dragon fruit. I have never had it before so I bought one to try.

Reading on how to prepare it I found out it is part of the cactus family. As I cut it open I was greeted by what looks like cookies and cream.



Taste and texture: The meat has the consistency and flavor of pear. The seed remind me of the seeds in a kiwi fruit. All in all nothing to write home about but it was an interesting experience.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 6:43:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger Elise said...

Whoah. So that's what dragon fruit looks like on the inside! I had no idea. Wild.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 2:17:00 PM GMT-10, Blogger jupiter said...

Yea. It was interesting. I spooned the meat out just like you would with a Papaya. Funny, Kirk just posted about Dragon Fruit too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home